Saturday 1 June 2013

Allium Alliah

I mentioned my flowering alliums in my last post, and here they are




They're putting the "black" tulips in the shade


They are "Purple Sensation" which burst on the scene about 5 years ago.


You may suspect that the allotment has been neglected of late with thee flower posts.  But fear not,  the courgettes and the sweetcorn (remember them) have been planted out under fleece.  The runner bean wigwam is up and 20 bean plants have been planted today (along with 18 Sungold French Bean plants)


Here they are before they went out:


Meanwhile the crab apple tree is putting on a spectacular:


7 comments:

  1. The alliums are beauties, Mal. You daren't neglect the allotment dare you with your hit squad prowling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to let that influence me, Sue. But I have been busy lately - too busy to blog!

      Delete
  2. I agree; really impressive Alliums - looking all the better because of the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. Agree about weather dependency. Already I'm hoping for some rain (at night) to go with the daytime sunshine!

      Delete
  3. I love the Alliums with the tulips. Lovely combination !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I've grown them on their own it occurred to me that next year both/each would look good growing through bluebells (which have naturalised in our garden). Would that be too much? What do you think?

      Delete
  4. Your alliums look lovely Mal and the allotment is looking great too. Such a lovely blue sky in your pics!

    ReplyDelete