Friday 10 March 2017

A Ridge Walk in the Pentlands

Having featured the snow capped Pentland Hills a few posts ago I set aside a day to do the ridge walk along six of its summits yesterday. The weather turned favourable so the trip was on



Atop Scald Law

The highest peak is Scald at 579 metres





West and East Kips


Carnethy Hill

It can be wild and desolate but in fact you are never far from civilization. Edinburgh and its suburbs loom on the horizon to the North and West and the A702 carries rushing traffic to the East.

Loganlea Reservoir


That's the sea on the horizon. The white house is idyllically situated.

Monks Rigg aproach to West Kip


West Kip the most photogenic Pentland Hill
A day later and not too many aches or pains. I really felt like I had recharged my batteries.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos but I'm not sure I'd want to live in that white house.

    ReplyDelete